Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A New Feature

I'm sure all you other bloggers have noticed that while some days inspire reflection and sharing and are worth recording, there are many others that don't. However, it seems there's bound to be at least one moment in every day that is for some reason memorable and is worth noting despite the nature of the rest of it. Something that stands out, something that you'll think back to, weeks or even years later, when you no longer remember anything else that may have happened that given day. Wouldn't it be cute, I thought, to go on picking that moment out of every day I have, and noting it somewhere; on a calendar, in a notebook, on my blog. Keep track, sort of. So even when a few years have passed and the day to day of 2008 has long since slipped from my memory, I'll have a tiny memorium of each day I lived.

So that's what I'm going to do. I aim to do it every day, here on my blog. The moment I choose could be anything. It could be huge and significant, or small and passing. It could be good, bad, or anywhere in between. It could be 'Today's the day I gave that nice tourist couple directions to the bingo hall,' or 'Today's the day I crashed my bike coming home.' Or my favourite so far, 'Today's the day I accidently kicked that guy's case of beer in the sushi restaurant.' It could be anything. But with a whole year's worth of new days coming up in just a few short months, I'm quite eager to see what they're all going to be. I hope you guys enjoy them too.

September 30, 2008.
Today's the day I learned to do an invisible hem on the boy's new suits (and cut a big hole in Seguin's).
Ooops.

2 comments:

Fiona said...

What a great idea!!

Eleanor Magpie said...

Thanks...I hope I can keep up with it.