Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Thanks

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone who came out and saw the work at the Art on the Street show in Guelph this past weekend. The turnout was pretty good and I met a lot of nice people.....you know who you are! So thanks to everyone who came and I hope you all enjoyed the show.

I also want to throw a thank you out to those who helped make this weekend happen: thanks to John, for driving me there and back again, thanks to Meghan for carting me around, helping me set up and giving me a place to sleep, thanks to Seguin for being understanding and to Mom for helping me buy the giant purple suitcase. I appreciated all of it.

Next up: those who are going to be in the Huntsville area (or at least the Muskoka area) this weekend should come by and check out the Arts Walk on Sunday July 26th. It's a part of the Huntsville Festival of the Arts and is pretty neat. Basically, a group of local artists and artisans set up their booths in the sunshine, and instead of just selling art, they demonstrate their techniques for the passers-by. Last year featured a photographer, one or two painters, a stone carver, a belly dancer and yours truly, among others. The event taking place in River Mill park this year, which is on the waterfront downtown. It's a great central location, I'm pretty excited about it. It starts at noon and admission is free, so if you'll be in the area, please come check it out! http://huntsvillearts.com/viewevent.html?eventid=61

1 comment:

Meghan Kraatz said...

You are VERY welcome! I was happy to have you :)