Saturday, August 22, 2009

Nice Things

Today is a lazy day. I'm enjoying a weekend off, the first of many as I've got a great new job that has nice regular hours; so long shift work! Should be easier to spend regular time on jewellery and making beautiful things as well.

In the meantime, here are a few pictures of some nice things I've been enjoying.

The day before last, there was a brief but heavy rainstorm and then gorgeous, bright sunlight almost immediately afterward. The result was this rainbow that I could see from my living room window. It was pretty great, arcing all the way across the sky instead of just the little bits here or there I’m used to seeing. My neighbours kept arriving home as I stood in the parking lot snapping pictures, and they all had something nice to say about it.







Check this out. My African violet is blooming for the second time this season! Lucky or what? I don’t know what I’m doing right, but last year I got thirteen lovely blooms for a few weeks and then that was it. I thought that was good, so this is a nice surprise.


Here are Penelope and Loki. Penny made quite a mess with a role of paper towel someone left in the living room and then fell asleep at the scene of the crime. I had to take some pictures of course, so I got a few of Loki as well.






Penelope has grown so much since we first got her. First look at this....



....then this. Hard to believe it's the same precious kitty.

Anyway, I’m having some serious issues trying to write coherently, so I think I’m going to leave it at that. Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Fiona said...

What a great rainbow! Your cats are wonderful, I can't wait to meet Penny sometime.

Meghan Kraatz said...

Beautiful kittens.
How IS the new job? I haven't heard much about it since you started. Fill me in!