Monday, February 15, 2010

The Finds Event

For the past several months, I've been selling my jewellery in The Finds in Huntsville, Ontario. They've recently gone under new ownership and it's pretty great. Krissy and Slav are really breathing new life into the store and taking a lot of new local talent along for the ride (including me!)

One of the things they've started doing is hosting events to feature local artists and their work, both performers, visual artists and craftspeople like myself. This Friday, February 19th, they have Ashley Hill. I've never heard of her before, but seeing something new is the whole point of this endeavour, I think, so I intend to check it out.

I'll be putting in my appearance on Saturday, March 6th from 1pm - 4pm. I'll be there with my sewing machine, some samples and my sketchbooks, demonstrating my technique and explaining my creative process. I've done this sort of thing in the past, and people have always seemed just as interested in the process of creation as they are in the finished piece. So I think it will be worth checking out.

If you're from the Muskoka area and think this sounds interesting, more information is going up on The Finds website as more events get booked (Under the EVENTS link at the top of the page. They also have pictures, directions and contact info if you've never been to the store before. Take a peek!

The Finds

Ashley Hill's MySpace

2 comments:

Optomistic said...

YAY....

Amanda said...

I love your work!!!!!
When i saw your stuff @ the Finds, i had to have a necklace!! And i do!:D so excited to meet you girl:P
Toodles,
Mandy