Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Loki meets Dr. Penelope

Loki has been having a difficult time with the new kitten, Penelope. (That's Doctor Penelope to you. She has a phd in cute.) At first he was wary and a little bit jealous of the fluffy new presence, hissing, growling and generally keeping his distance. But watching them now, on day four, I can see the tide is turning, and know it won't be long now before I feel comfortable leaving them in the same room alone together.

She's become relaxed enough around him to jump and play and dart about without worry. He's been watching her do this all morning. And now it seems he's trying to get in on the act. It's a little awkward. Loki plays with Magic (Skye's kitty) by suddenly jumping out in front of her and then tearing off in the opposite direction in a bid to have her chase him. Problem is, Penelope's so tiny and unused to play with larger cats that Loki's attempts at play are probably a bit terrifying. All the same, he is trying and I think that is a good sign.

I think Loki will agree with me soon that kittens are pretty great.

1 comment:

Meghan Kraatz said...

Wait just a second here...how many cats are there? Loki, Penelope, Magic? 3? I need backgrounds on these other two. (I obvioiusly already know Loki's story)